Complete Guide to dress elegantly in an Indian Wedding for Men
"Elegance is not about being noticed, it's about being remembered."
With this beautiful quote by Giorgio Armani, we start the guide to dress elegantly in an Indian Wedding for Men.
You just received an invitation and might be giving deep thoughts, over what to wear, to an Indian Wedding. Well, due to the vast diversity of cultures and religions in India, there a lot of dresses for you to choose from, but the question is, what should you wear to look elegant and match up with different ceremonies while attending a wedding in India.
It's not that just women have a vast range of attires to choose from, men too have a lot of options in front of them when looked at dedicatedly. Let's discuss what men could dress elegantly while attending an Indian marriage.
Dress according to the ceremony
You don't only think about the main wedding, because a traditional Indian wedding lasts for 3-5 days, which is split over various occasions. Whether it's the Reception, Mangni (engagement), Haldi, or the main wedding ceremony, you need to prepare your dresses based on all of these ceremonies.
1) Mangni (Engagement): The most common, yet most classic outfit to wear to a mangni ceremony for men is the Kurta churidar paired up with a Nehru Jacket. Don't be so loud on colors. You can use a dark-shaded Nehru Jacket paired with a kurta of varying shade.
2) Haldi: The color yellow is the heart of a Haldi ceremony. It is famous for its haldi play. There would be applications of the turmeric paste on your face and your dress, so make sure to wear a dark shaded yellow kurta to avoid any blemishes. You can pair it up with a white pajama, and formal sandals.
3) Main Wedding: This is the time, you have to take care of your outfit and fashion the most. The majority of the male guests attending the wedding wear a suit correctly color matched up with a tie and a pocket square. You can go with the same dress combination, or you can dress in a sherwani or wearing a designer Kurta and a Jacket.
4) Reception: Receptions do not require a need to wear a traditional Indian outfit. You can dress with an Indo-Western look, such as wearing a Jodhpuri Suit, or you can choose a two / three-piece suit, depending on what you like.
Now, that you have got the idea, of what is the ideal outfit for you to wear at an Indian wedding, you must also know, what not to wear.
- Avoid Overdressing. It is considered disrespectful if you are as dressy as a groom, so the best way to tackle it is to dress simple yet elegant.
- Avoid Too Casual attire. Your goal, while dressing for an Indian wedding is to look like a gentleman, so you should keep in mind that the colors you choose, and the formals you wear, create a huge impact.
Now that you know, all the information required, to dress elegantly in the Indian wedding you are going to attend, you should check our store, to see some beautifully designed dresses, specially made for Indian Weddings.
For appointment, call/text: 571-315-0058 / 571-426-8183